JOIN OUR TEAM
YMCA Camp Watia is more than just a summer camp. We are a home to a lucky few, and home away from home for many more.
You will have an opportunity to see children flourish under your care… to see yourself grow in such a short period of time … this is the profound change that so many staff members experience. Friendships develop between staff here that can last a lifetime. Our staff members come from various local universities as well as out of state and as far as Australia and Europe. Working at camp can truly be life changing!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE...
- who support the YMCA mission
- who embody the four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, & Responsibility
- who can be positive role models to their campers and fellow staff members
- who have a genuine love for positively affecting the world around them
- who are kind, patient, and have a great sense of humor
- who have a love for the outdoors and are happy to share that with children
Requirements: All Counselors must be 18+ years old or have graduated high school and hold a current certification in CPR and First Aid (by May 15th). Must be available the following dates: June 5 - August 11, 2019.
- Adventure Specialist
- Creative Arts Cabin Counselor
- Garden Cabin Counselor
- General Cabin Counselor
- Lifeguard Cabin Counselor (must have current Lifeguard Certification)
- Waterfront Lifeguard
- Housekeeping and Maintenance
Support staff applications coming soon.
For more information, please contact Shannon Raab at 828-209-9600 or by email at [email protected]